Okay, I know this looks like a lot. Just to be clear, I’m not asking for anything IRL this year. But what kind of fashion blogger would I be if I didn’t post a holiday gift guide? These are all products that I absolutely adore and would love to have for myself, and I’m pretty certain that they would be appreciated by any vegan on your list as well. My favorite thing about this list is that when you purchase these products you’re supporting small business that do a lot of good for animals, people, and the environment. What a lovely way to spread the joy this holiday season! So here goes: grab yourself a warm beverage (I’ll wait), scroll through, and click the links to shop. Your holiday shopping is about to become super easy-peasy.
1. Subscription to Laika Magazine – I used to be a magazine freak. I subscribed to everything. There were stacks and stacks of magazines around my apartment and I saved every single issue of Vogue. When I moved to Los Angeles I chose not to carry 10 years worth of September issues with me, and also, I was considering going vegan and therefore just not feeling that into mainstream fashion anymore. Now I’m thrilled to see that there are magazines popping up out there to provide conscious, cruelty-free fashion and lifestyle inspiration for the cool kids. No doubt any vegan lady on your list would love to be gifted with this beautiful periodical either in print or digital. Side note- magazine subscriptions make great gifts because they last an entire year!
2. Djuna Shay Luxe Blanket Scarf – Who doesn’t love a big, cozy, oversized scarf? In Los Angeles you can wear them without a jacket to stay nice and toasty all winter long. In other parts of the world, they are simply a necessity. Finding luxurious cruelty-free winter accessories can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, but no worries here as these beauties are made from 100% organic cotton sherpa. With 8 different prints to choose from you can create a unique gift for everyone on your list – I’ll take the gray cheetah please!
3. Bruce Heart 3 Boy Tee Pack – I bought a Bruce Heart muscle tee at the Peta shopping event back in September and I’ve basically been living in it ever since. Now I want them all! These made in LA oversized tees are super cute, comfy, and flattering on everyone. Also, every month the ladies behind this brand donate 5% of their sales to a different animal charity, and I just think that’s super cool. If you really want to make your animal loving fashionista’s holiday, there’s an “I Want it All Holiday Pack” which includes 3 tees, a logo sweatshirt, and the leopard print logo tee (yes, please!) - this purchase also benefits The Orangutan Project and The Broken Hearts Ministry. Merry Christmas indeed.
4. Everything Ellovi – This all-natural body butter is the bees knees, and I’ve been dying to try their lip butters. Vegan cuts has combined everything in an affordable 3 pack… I may just have to treat myself this winter!
5. Bing Bang Triangle Midi Ring – I just think this would look really cool on my ring finger…
6. Savvy Boheme Tall Americano Bath and Body oil – This stuff smells exactly like coffee and pastries. You will literally be giving someone the gift of good mornings with this moisturizing cruelty-free scrumptiousness- what could be better?
7. Vaute Perfect Winter Leggings – Vaute Couture may be known for their gorgeous vegan coats, but I don’t really need a coat. What I need is a perfect, comfy, wear-with-anything-and-everything legging. Unfortunately they’re sold out in my size, but next time they’re produced I would love to get a pair- I so wish I had some to take home with me for the holidays this year!
8. NCLA Nail Wraps – I have not had polish on my finger or toe nails since before my two year old son was born. Would I like to have cute nails? Sure. Do I want to spend my precious free time hunched over my hands and feet painstakingly perfecting my brushstrokes only to have them messed up the second my kiddo wakes up from his nap? Nope – not worth it at all. I haven’t tired them yet, but I’d like to think that a nail wrap situation would be way easier than painting and waiting for polish to dry. If only Santa would leave some in my stocking!
9. Marais Simple Ballet – The perfect black ballet flat is on my vegan fashion bucket list, and I think I might have finally found it in this lovely Marais USA slipper. Also, it’s on sale right now. Check that one off the list!
10. Wren Kitty Stardust Tee – Two words: KITTY STARDUST. I mean, are you freaking kidding me? Cutest. Thing. Ever. This made in LA tee was designed by artist/model Langley Fox and the proceeds go towards NKLA – No Kill Los Angeles Animal Shelters. Enough said.
11. Large Black Crocodile Leni Penn Tote – You guys know there are a ton of beautiful vegan handbags that I love and blog about on a daily basis, but if I had to pick just one for myself I’m pretty sure this would be it. I mean, I want them all, but what I really need is a sturdy-yet-luxurious-everyday-goes-with-everything-oversized-carry-your-life-around-with-you kind of bag, so this one is like – BINGO! Also, for every bag that they sell, Leni Penn donates a backpack to a child in need or a bag to a working mother in need. So nice. Don’t you just love how nice all of these brands are?
12. Nouveau Organica Quartet Customizable 4-Color Palette – I got a sample of their cream color in my Vegan Cuts beauty box back in September, and I absolutely love it but I’m almost out! I want all 4 of their cream color shades – they’re just the perfect thing for adding a little natural looking color and shimmer on your eyes, lips, and cheeks. I smudge it on with my fingertips or a sponge and it stays all day – super quick and easy!
13. Neuaura Dakota Boot – Part house slipper, part snow boot, they’re basically Uggs that aren’t made out of poor little sheep. So they’re like 1,000 times better. Sure, you can get a knock-off anywhere, but why not invest in something sturdy and sustainably made so you can wear your ugly boots with pride? (Actually, I don’t think these are ugly at all, they’re super cute and I totally want a pair!)
There. I hope you’ve got some ideas about what to get everyone on your list. If you’re still stumped, drop me a line and I can totally help.
Happy shopping everyone!